Breast Implants surgery
Breast Implants surgery is one of the most popular cosmetic surgery procedures available today. Whether you are considering reducing, uplifting or otherwise enhancing your breasts, IntelliHealth+ offers luxury services with the highest standards.
Our surgeons perform hundreds of breast surgery operations every year and we understand that there are many different reasons why women choose to have breast enlargement, breast uplift and breast reduction procedures. We specialise in all types of breast surgery, and ensure that the results of your surgery give you the body confidence and boost in self-esteem that you deserve.
Silicone implants are used to insert over the chest muscle or behind the natural breast tissue to make the breasts larger via incisions along the natural crease of the breast, in the armpit or in the underside of the nipple area.
The procedure is usually performed under general anesthetic and takes between one and two hours to complete, after which you can either go home to rest or stay overnight under professional supervision depending on the doctor’s decision.
Types of breast implants :
- Saline breast implants are filled with sterile salt water. Should the implant shell leak, a saline implant will collapse and the saline will be absorbed and naturally expelled by the body.Saline breast implants provide a uniform shape, firmness and feel, and are FDA-approved for augmentation in women age 18 or older.
- Silicone breast implants are filled with silicone gel. The gel feels a bit more like natural breast tissue. If the implant leaks, the gel may remain within the implant shell, or may escape into the breast implant pocket. A leaking implant filled with silicone gel will not collapse. If you choose silicone implants, you may need to visit your plastic surgeon regularly to make sure the implants are functioning properly. An ultrasound or MRI screening can assess the condition of breast implants.
- Round breast implants have a tendency to make breasts appear fuller than form-stable implants. Higher profile options can achieve even more projection. Because round implants are the same shape all over, there is less concern about them rotating out of place
Benefits of Having Breast Augmentation Surgery
- Increased confidence and femininity
- Increased self-esteem
- Achieve more symmetrical breasts
- Increased ability to buy clothes and underwear of your choice
- Amend changes in shape and size due to pregnancy or weight loss
The implants may need to be removed and/or replaced to treat problems including: deflation, implant rupture, the formation of scar tissue around the implant (capsular contracture), which may cause the breast to feel tight or hard, bleeding and/or infection. Other risks are an increase or decrease in sensitivity of the nipples or breast skin, which occasionally may be permanent.
The patient can return to work within a few days. She should avoid any physical contact with breasts (excluding her bra) for approximately three to four weeks. Scars should fade and flatten anywhere from three months to two years after surgery, depending upon how an individual heals. The outcome varies from patient-to-patient. However the overall effect is enhancement of breast size for improved appearance.