Cellulite is primarily a problem with microcirculation that causes damage to the fat tissue under the skin that affects 80%-95% of women and 5% of men. The alternating weakening of fatty and fibrous connective tissue presents itself visually in the shape of lumps and dimples, commonly known as "orange peel". Females have their subcutaneous fat structured in small chambers separated by vertical walls of tissue. The whole framework is irrigated by a complex vascular system of arterioles and capillaries responsible for circulation and drainage.
The failure of this microcirculation system results in leakage of liquid into the surrounding tissue. This liquid retention in the interstitial spaces also affects adipocytes which start manufacturing excess triglycerides and grow in size, becoming trapped in the connective network. The cosmetic result of this, is an uneven distribution of fat and damaged tissue which modifies the appearance of the skin, provoking the well-known lumpy "orange peel" skin. Connective tissue, including collagen and elastin, becomes increasingly damaged, eventually scarring, causing many aesthetic defects.
- It has a de-infiltrating effect on choked tissues.
- It restores effective local micro-circulation by opening the spasmed capillary sphincters.
- Ihe caffeine activates the hydrolysis of the adipocyte triglycerides; reduced capillary permeability and improved microcirculatory parameters and ankle edema.
- The silicium and taurine restructure and protects the connective tissues. It acts in the biosynthesis of the elastin and combats calcification of the connective fibers.
Mesotherapy acts effectively on the 4 stages responsible for development of cellulite and localized fat deposits
- Lipolysis of excessively stored fat in adipocytes. Thanks at the perfect synergy among Caffeine, L-Carnitine and Taurine (these naturally occurring amino acids are vital to enhancing the fat burning process. Without L-Carnitine fatty acids would not be able to filter through the walls of the mitochondria. However, when L-Carnitine is present, some believe the body is able to more easily burn stored fat as energy) increase lipolysis by inhibiting the cyclic nucleotide phosphodiesterase, which is responsible for catalyzing the conversion of cyclic AMP to AMP. The resulting high tissue concentrations of cyclic AMP activate inactive hormone-sensitive lipase and promote lipolysis. They increase blood, flow and stimulates the fat cells to release fat to the bloodstream to be burned by the body’s metabolism. This sinergy act to drain the fat cells, tightens and tones the skin and helps to reduce the appearance of cellulite even more. In addition, it acts as diuretics. The diuretic action helps to remove water from fat cells, thereby reducing their size.
2. Reducing Lipo-edema . Thanks to Artichoke and Mannitol with their acting diuretic and cleansing ability which eliminate excess water and reduce swelling of adipocytes thus improving local blood supply and lymphatic drainage indirectly by relieving the compression on the intervening blood and lymphatic capillaries.Hamamelis for its anti-inflammatory effect.
3. Restoring Microcirculation in order to re-establish the tissue exchange phenomenon. Thanks at the Coumarin and Rutin with their vasodilator effect leading to opening of the precapillary sphincters at the expense of the artriovenous shunts, also Rutin with its vasoprotective effect. Both have also the propertyto chelate metal ions, such as iron, thereby reducing the Fenton reaction.
4. Restructuring and protecting the Connective tissue. It is a structural component of the connective tissue, forming part of important macro-molecules as elastin and collagen. At this tissue level it induces the control and proliferation of fibroblasts and favours the regeneration of elastic and collagenous fibres. Moreover, the Silicium improve circulation and ensure the supply of blood even in cellulite tissue. Also Amino Acids, Minerals and Vitamins which are measured accurately in order to boost the process of connective tissue restructuring.Only the combined effect of these four stages, together with good everyday hygiene, will ensure visible and long-lasting results.